Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Gretsch Country Club (G6196)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lostheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2004
    Posts
    480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gretsch guitars are sweet...for a particular style of playing.
    IMO not the most versatile instrument and also not the most rugged one, but with every other guitar, you either love it or hate it.
    When talking about Gretsch guitars, 6120's in their lovely translucent orange come to mind...Country Clubs in their green/Jaguar Tan or whatever they call that color are not what I'd go for, but maybe you like the looks of it.
    Also...no Bigsby...and a Gretsch without a Bigsby is again imo not classic stuff.
    They sound great when distorted, so don't let that put you off, but if your piece of cake is "Punk" music, go for the Les Paul...

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found a really good alternative......I often play live with a 2003 Gibson ES-135 hollow body. gibson experimented that year with the hollow body guitar without the usual f sound holes in the front. the result is a big beafy hollowbody guitar that sounds more like a les paul. I love the tone because its really thick and deep, and when overdriven it sounds just as good as any les paul, and because its all sealed up, you have way less feedback problems that you normally would with a hollow body with the sound holes in the front.

    here is a pic of me playing that guitar...And I picked mine up for about 7 bills. not a bad deal, the 2003 was the only year they made them like this....

    http://www.deadbeatsinatra.com/images/anarchy5.jpg

    steve

  3. #3
    Inactive Member contemptiblepunx's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2004
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was wondering if anyone here knows about Gretsch guitars, what do you know of a Gretsch Country Club (G6196)? I understand that it will definately sound great when in clean but would you recommend that type of guitar for a punk band that would want a lot of distortion being used also?
    Here's the link if you wanna check out the guitar I might buy:

    Gretsch Country Club

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sickboy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    See my reply in your other post.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member RENODIVORCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2004
    Posts
    680
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a 1956 Gretch Electromatic that my dad left me. He bought it brand new. It still has the warantee papers in the case.
    She's a real honey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •